Benchmark: 2 Logging
This section contains recommendations for configuring AWS's account logging features.
Browse dashboards and select 2 Logging:
Or run the benchmarks in your terminal:
steampipe check aws_compliance.benchmark.cis_v120_2
Snapshot and share results via Steampipe Cloud:
steampipe loginsteampipe check --share aws_compliance.benchmark.cis_v120_2
- 2.1 Ensure CloudTrail is enabled in all regions
- 2.2 Ensure CloudTrail log file validation is enabled.
- 2.3 Ensure the S3 bucket used to store CloudTrail logs is not publicly accessible
- 2.4 Ensure CloudTrail trails are integrated with CloudWatch Logs
- 2.5 Ensure AWS Config is enabled in all regions
- 2.6 Ensure S3 bucket access logging is enabled on the CloudTrail S3 bucket
- 2.7 Ensure CloudTrail logs are encrypted at rest using KMS CMKs
- 2.8 Ensure rotation for customer created CMKs is enabled
- 2.9 Ensure VPC flow logging is enabled in all VPCs