Control: 1 IAM root user access key should not exist
This control checks whether user access keys exist for the root user.
To delete access keys
- Log in to your account using the root user credentials.
- Choose the account name near the top-right corner of the page and then choose My Security Credentials.
- In the pop-up warning, choose Continue to Security Credentials.
Access keys (access key ID and secret access key).
- To permanently delete the key, choose Delete and then choose Yes. You cannot recover deleted keys.
- If there is more than one root user access key, then repeat steps 4 and 5 for each key.
steampipe check aws_compliance.control.pci_v321_iam_1
This control uses a named query:iam_root_user_no_access_keys