Benchmark: EBS Checks
Thrifty EBS Benchmark
Thrifty developers keep a careful eye for unused and under-utilized EBS volumes. Elastic block store is a key component of hidden cost on AWS, and this benchmark looks for EBS volumes that are unused, under-utilized, out-dates and oversized.
steampipe check aws_thrifty.benchmark.ebs
- Which EBS volumes are only attached to stopped EC2 instances?
- Are there any EBS volumes with low usage?
- Still using gp2 EBS volumes? Should use gp3 instead.
- Which EBS volumes are allocated for > 32k IOPS?
- Still using io1 EBS volumes? Should use io2 instead.
- What EBS volumes are allocated over 100gb in storage?
- What provisioned IOPS volumes would be better as GP3?
- Which EBS snapshots were created over 90 days ago?
- Are there any unattached EBS volumes?