Control: 6.2.16 Ensure that the 'log_min_duration_statement' database flag for Cloud SQL PostgreSQL instance is set to '-1' (disabled)
The log_min_duration_statement flag defines the minimum amount of execution time of a statement in milliseconds where the total duration of the statement is logged. Ensure that log_min_duration_statement flag is set to a value -1.
Default value for log_min_duration_statement flag is -1.
Logging SQL statements may include sensitive information that should not be recorded in logs.
- Login to GCP console and navigate to Cloud SQL Instances.
- Select the PostgreSQL instance for which the database flag needs to be enabled.
- Click EDIT.
- Scroll down to the Flags section.
- Click ADD FLAG, choose the
log_min_duration_statementfrom the drop-down menu, and set to
- Click SAVE.
- Confirm the changes under Flags on the Overview page.
From Command Line:
- List all Cloud SQL database instances using the following command
gcloud sql instances list
- Configure the log_min_duration_statement database flag for every Cloud SQL PostgreSQL database instance using the below command
gcloud sql instances patch INSTANCE_NAME --database-flags log_min_duration_statement=-1
- This command will overwrite all previously set database flags. To keep those and add new ones, include the values for all flags to be set on the instance. Any flag not specifically included is set to its default value. For flags that do not take a value, specify the flag name followed by an equals sign ("=").
- Configuring the above flag does not require restarting the Cloud PostgreSQL instance.
steampipe check gcp_compliance.control.cis_v120_6_2_16
This control uses a named query:sql_instance_postgresql_log_min_duration_statement_database_flag_disabled