Benchmark: Mail Exchange (MX) Records
A DNS Mail Exchange (MX) record specifies the mail server responsible for accepting email messages on behalf of a domain name. The MX record indicates how email messages should be routed in accordance with the Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP).
This benchmark contains best practices for MX records.
Browse dashboards and select Mail Exchange (MX) Records:
Or run the benchmarks in your terminal:
steampipe check net_insights.benchmark.dns_mx_best_practices
Snapshot and share results via Steampipe Cloud:
steampipe loginsteampipe check --share net_insights.benchmark.dns_mx_best_practices
- MX records should have valid hostname
- MX records should use public IPs
- MX records should not contain IP address
- DNS should have at least 2 MX records
- MX records should not have duplicate A records
- MX records should have reverse A record (PTR)
- DMARC should be enabled for your domain