Benchmark: CIS v1.3.0
To obtain the latest version of the official guide, please visit http://benchmarks.cisecurity.org.
The CIS Amazon Web Services Foundations Benchmark provides prescriptive guidance for configuring security options for a subset of Amazon Web Services with an emphasis on foundational, testable, and architecture agnostic settings. Specific Amazon Web Services in scope include:
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- AWS Config
- AWS CloudTrail
- AWS CloudWatch
- AWS Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- AWS Simple Storage Service (S3)
- AWS VPC (Default)
Items in this profile intend to:
- be practical and prudent;
- provide a clear security benefit; and
- not inhibit the utility of the technology beyond acceptable means.
Level 2 (extends Level 1)
This profile extends the "Level 1" profile. Items in this profile exhibit one or more of the following characteristics:
- are intended for environments or use cases where security is paramount
- acts as defense in depth measure
- may negatively inhibit the utility or performance of the technology.
steampipe check aws_compliance.benchmark.cis_v130