Turbot Guardrails Insights Mod
Create dashboards and reports for your Guardrails resources using Steampipe.
Dashboards can help answer questions like:
- How many workspaces do I have?
- What is the TE version on each of these workspaces?
- How many accounts (AWS, Azure, GCP) do I have across all workspaces?
- How many controls are in Alert (error, alarm, invalid) state across all workspaces?
- How many controls have an age of x hours/days?
- How many mods are installed across all workspaces?
Turbot Guardrails is the leading platform for policy-based control and automatic remediation of enterprise clouds.
Steampipe is an open source CLI to instantly query cloud APIs using SQL.
Steampipe Mods are collections of
named queries, codified
controls that can be used to test current configuration of your cloud resources against a desired configuration, and
dashboards that organize and display key pieces of information.
Download and install Steampipe (https://steampipe.io/downloads). Or use Brew:
brew tap turbot/tapbrew install steampipe
Install the Guardrails plugin with Steampipe:
steampipe plugin install guardrails
git clone https://github.com/turbot/steampipe-mod-guardrails-insights.gitcd steampipe-mod-guardrails-insights
Start your dashboard server to get started:
By default, the dashboard interface will then be launched in a new browser window at http://localhost:9194. From here, you can view dashboards and reports.
This mod uses the credentials configured in the Steampipe Turbot Guardrails plugin.
No extra configuration is required.
If you have an idea for additional dashboards or just want to help maintain and extend this mod (or others) we would love you to join the community and start contributing.
- Join #steampipe on Slack → and hang out with other Mod developers.
Want to help but not sure where to start? Pick up one of the
help wanted issues: