Control: 1.8 Ensure multi-factor authentication (MFA) is enabled for the account owner
Requires account owners to provide multiple factors of login credentials to authenticate their identity and gain access to IBM Cloud resources.
- Log in to IBM Cloud.
- From the Menubar, click Manage > Access (IAM).
- Click Settings > Account login.
- Click Edit for the Account login setting.
- Select None, Non-federated users only, or All users depending on which type of authentication you want to require.
- Select the checkbox to confirm that you understand the impact of requiring MFA for users in your account, if you select the non-federated users only option.
- Click Update.
Run the control in your terminal:
steampipe check ibm_compliance.control.cis_v100_1_8
Snapshot and share results via Steampipe Cloud:
steampipe loginsteampipe check --share ibm_compliance.control.cis_v100_1_8
This control uses a named query:iam_user_mfa_enabled_all